Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How Some St. Patrick's Parishioners are Keeping Lent

Several St. Patrick's parishioners responded to our Ash Wednesday survey:

*  This year I am going to focus on finding one beautiful thing each day and taking time to appreciate it, which I hope will keep me mindful of the joy of creation and of how my own behavior can add to that.

*  Reading Finding our Way Again [Bishop Mariann’s recommended reading for Lent]

*  I am going to spend an extra 20 minutes each day
 in silent prayer and try and reclaim my contemplative practice.

*  My Lenten discipline is to get more daily exercise by trying to walk every day--hoping to create some quiet space in my life during Lent.

*  This Lent, I am keeping tucked in prayer a tough decision I have to make.

*  Walking St. Patrick's Labyrinth; participating in the Women's Bible Study; reading the book recommended by our new Bishop Budde, practicing taking a 'Holy Breath' between activities.

*  Giving up pounds. Taking on quiet time for reflection.

*  I hope to research which organizations are lobbying to end the death penalty and add my voice by writing a letter or contributing financially.

*  I will take on something, usually doing more in the church such as attending EVERY Sunday or going to special prayer groups. Maybe this year I will take on doing more FOR St Patrick's. I also try to give up something. Last year I gave up sweets. I want to try wine too.

*  This year I am going to focus on finding one beautiful thing each day and on taking the time to appreciate it, which I hope will keep me mindful of the joy of creation and of how my own behavior can add to that.

*  In quiet contemplation. In hours of reading. In prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment